Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday--Soups

Last week I encouraged you to re-think lunches, toss the prepackaged processed foods and go fresher. One of the easiest areas in which to do this is with soup. I make a big batch of soup every Monday. This covers Monday's lunch, but also gives me good lunches through the week in case I make the kids pb&j or plain pasta. Soup is a good healthy filling lunch (or dinner, but I haven't been able to convince my hubby of that yet!), but not only are canned soups ridiculously overpriced, they are full of sodium, preservatives, and fat. You will be amazed at how easy it is to make some of your favorite soups at home. I usually don't post my soup recipes because I make them on Monday which is when I post my menu plans, but look for future posts where I will share some of my favorite soups and their soup-er (couldn't resist) easy recipes!

Monday:
breakfast~peanut butter and honey toast
lunch~chicken soup
dinner~grilled ham steak, seasoned potatoes, and salad

Tuesday:
breakfast~oatmeal
lunch~leftovers
dinner~chicken n rice

Wednesday:
breakfast~biscuits n gravy
lunch~picnic
dinner~ribs, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, fry bread

Thursday:
breakfast~homemade granola bars
lunch~chicken wraps
dinner~mac n cheese with ham

Friday:
breakfast~strawberry muffins
lunch~cheesy baked potatoes
dinner~pepperoni and peppers pizza

Saturday:
breakfast~cinnamon pancakes
lunch~tuna mac
dinner~red beans and rice

Sunday:
breakfast~cereal
lunch~go out
dinner~fried chicken, potato salad, melons


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment