Monday, May 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday--Meatless Meals

As mentioned in my previous post, most of our meals are geared to serve my meat and potatoes hubby. But, whenever I get the opportunity I do serve meatless meals to help cut costs. When my hubby works late or has other plans in the evening, this is the perfect time for me to replace one of my regular meals with a vegetarian counterpart. I do encourage you to look for opportunities to do the same. Are there times when you can get away with a meatless meal? If you are blessed with a husband who isn't a complete carnivore, you may get more chances than others. Bean burritos; pasta with tomatoes, basil, and parmesan; cheese enchiladas--these are meals that do not have meat, yet are a filling and satisfying meal. Be creative with how you can replace the meat or cut it out of you favorite dishes. Also, consider soups as a hearty dinner with no meat required.

My hubby is out of town a few days this week, so you will see a few more meatless meals on my menu than normal.

Menu plan 5/17-5/23

Monday:
breakfast~raspberry yogurt with homemade granola
lunch~basic veggie soup
dinner~bbq chicken, green beans, Damper bread

Tuesday:
breakfast~oatmeal
lunch~leftovers
dinner~chicken n rice

Wednesday:
breakfast~banana bread
lunch~egg salad
dinner~pancakes

Thursday:
breakfast~breakfast cookies
lunch~quesadillas
dinner~4 cheese pizza

Friday:
breakfast~cream of wheat
lunch~picnic of sandwiches, crackers, applesauce
dinner~McDonalds

Saturday:
breakfast~peppers and eggs
lunch~southwest salad
dinner~pasta with diced tomatoes, fresh basil and parmesan

Sunday:
breakfast~cereal
lunch~go out
dinner~chicken, sweet potatoes, homemade bread


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Looks good Dawn! Thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy the breakfast cookies! I found the coconut oil at Henry's.

    ReplyDelete