Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday--Ethnic Foods

You may have noticed that a lot of the foods on my menu are foods that would be considered "ethnic". Yes, America does have it's own culture of traditional foods, like fried chicken, meatloaf and hamburgers. But the great thing about this melting pot of a country is that it is made up of such a variety of influences from other countries. Just taking a 15 minute drive through my town I see Mexican, Italian, Chinese, and Greek food restaurants. These and many other influences have helped me to bring a lot of variety to our menu. I wish I could visit one of these restaurants each day of the week, but it simply isn't in the budget. I can, however dream about what I would order and recreate these wonderful dishes at home. The last couple years we did a unit study with each unit being a different country. One of my favorite things was trying all the varying foods that went with each country. Glance through my previous Menu Plan Mondays and you will find plenty of ideas for "out of this country" meals. I promise there will be plenty in the future as well. ;)

Menu Plan 8/9-8/15

Monday:
breakfast~scones
lunch~baked potato soup
dinner~chicken tostadas

Tuesday:
breakfast~maple and brown sugar oatmeal
lunch~blt wraps
dinner~pasta with fresh marinara sauce and parmesan cheese

Wednesday:
breakfast~strawberry muffins
lunch~sandwiches, grapes, chips
dinner~smothered stuffing pork chops

Thursday:
breakfast~smoothies
lunch~quesadillas
dinner~saucy meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans

Friday:
breakfast~cinnamon toast
lunch~chicken salad
dinner~4 cheese pizza

Saturday:
breakfast~blueberry pancakes
lunch~leftovers
dinner~burritos

Sunday:
breakfast~cereal
lunch~go out
dinner~polish sausage, mac and cheese, and corn


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment