Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my hubby's favorite foods and quickly becoming my kids' as well! And when I realized how super easy it is to prepare, it started getting added to my menus regularly! I am sure there is some super fancy, French techniques to preparing this dish the authentic way, but this way is quick, simple and delicious! Works for me!

Heat about an inch of oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Take BLSL (boneless skinless) chicken breasts and slice across the center horizontally. Place one slice of ham and one slice of swiss cheese into the opening of each piece of chicken. Close as tightly as you can. Holding closed, place into an egg wash and then dip into seasoned flour (I just use flour and seasoned salt). Put a toothpick into the chicken breast to hold together and place into the hot oil. Cook 5-7 minutes then turn over. Cook another 5 minutes, then check the internal temperature of the chicken. Once it reaches 165 or more, the chicken is fully cooked and you are safe to remove it from the oil. Place on a plate lined with paper towels and blot the excess grease. Bon appetit!


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment