Monday, October 18, 2010

Pork and Papas


Oh yeah! This is such a yummy comfort food. And so simple to make. My husband says I must secretly be a Mexican trapped in a white girl's body because when I eat this I sop up all the juices with a tortilla and eat it like a side dish of bread.

I make this using leftover pork chops. If you don't have any leftovers, just cook them up real quick. You can find directions here. I use 3 pieces of pork to go with the following:

Chop 6 small potatoes into small pieces, season with salt, pepper, and a small amount of chili powder. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the potatoes for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn heat down to medium low and splash potatoes with broth or water. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add water or broth as needed to keep potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Chop the pork into bite size pieces. Add the pork into the pan with the potatoes. Stir and heat for a couple minutes.

I am ashamed to admit that my husband eats this with bbq sauce UGH, but it is best if you generously add homemade salsa on top. (And then eat it with some tortillas on the side, that's how us secret Mexican girls do it hehe)


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment