Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal


This is another super simple recipe. I am posting it because lately my husband has become obsessed with oatmeal. He use to insist that I purchase those extremely expensive individual serving packages because he loves the maple and brown sugar flavor, but since I have mastered the art of generously sweetening the homemade stuff, he likes this even better. Thank God because those packets are not easy on the pocketbook!

So, simply prepare your oatmeal according to directions. (Little hint here, it is just 2 parts water to 1 part oats, boil water, add oats and cook until water is absorbed and oats are soft) Then the real fun begins (yes, I get excited about the little things) For each cup of oats prepared, add the following:
2 tbsp real butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp real maple syrup









YUM YUM


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment