Thursday, October 14, 2010

Basic Pork Chops

I use leftover pork chops in a few of my recipes, so I wanted to include directions for how to prepare pork chops. These are really basic preparations, so you can dress them up however you want.

Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Heat the pork chops for about 7 mins on each side, or until internal temperature is 160. (the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chops) Remove the chops from the pan to a plate. Turn heat down to med low and add a small amount of beef broth or salad dressing (I like roasted red pepper) and heat while scraping up the browned bits from the pork chops on the bottom of the pan. Pour sauce over the top of the chops and serve immediately.

Like I said, I like to prepare extra so that I can use the leftover meat in a meal later in the week.


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment