Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pie crust

Every Thursday, I try to do some food prep. Things that I can make ahead of time that will help me in preparing meals later. Pie crust is a big one. I make up one or two of these recipes. Wrap each crust in plastic wrap and place all of them in a freezer storage bag. Then when I want to make pie, I just take one out of the freezer in the morning and it is ready by dinner prep time.

Pie Crust

5 C. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 1/3 c. shortening (I prefer lard)
1 c. cold water (stick in the freezer for a couple minutes)

Makes 4 crusts.


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dawn! Thank you for sharing all of your ideas! I do have a question. What are breakfast cookies? I have never heard of them before. Do you have a recipe for them you can share?

    ReplyDelete