Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bread Crumbs

There are certain things that I will absolutely never understand people buying in the store. Like cinnamon sugar. Really? Come on people. Mix sugar and cinnamon together and save yourself 3 dollars! Bread crumbs is another one. Who in their right mind would buy crumbs made of the same exact bread that you have sitting on your kitchen counter?! Well, I guess someone who doesn't know how easy it is to make them yourself!

There are a few ways you can do it. You can take your bread pieces and toast them. Then crumble with a rolling pin or food processor. You can store the bread crumbs in a canister, or in the freezer. OR you can do what I do. Easier to make and store. We don't eat the end pieces of a loaf of bread, so once the rest of the loaf is gone, I will take the ends, still in the package and put them in the freezer. (I have a large ziploc bag that I put them in) Then when I need bread crumbs, I take out a couple pieces, and crumble them up while still frozen. (Since they are frozen, they crumble right apart) Instant bread crumbs. I bet you had no idea it was really that easy. Easy, and it will save you a handful of money too!



© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment