Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bacon Macaroni and Cheese


Today is my sons 9th birthday. :) He absolutely LOVES bacon so when I saw this idea on the cover of Family Circle, I knew I had to make my own version for him. Here it is:

Bacon Mac and Cheese

Fry up a lb of bacon, then finely chop when cool. Meanwhile, cook 1 lb pasta. Prepare 2 batches of white sauce EXCEPT substitute bacon grease for a portion of the butter. (Just measure the bacon grease when the bacon is done cooking, add melted butter to equal the full amount needed.) Melt either 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese or 16 American cheese slices into the white sauce. Place the pasta into a 13x9 dish and mix in the cheese sauce and the bacon. Shred an additional 1/2 c. cheddar cheese over the top. Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.


© 2010-2011 Day to Day Cook - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment